Tuesday 21 January 2014

What gigs?

I wonder what gigs are coming along this year.

Last year was pretty good.  Todd Rundgren.  CSN (twice). The Manics and even Caro emerald.  The Ducktails and Treetop Flyers.

My tinnitus is not good these days so I have to pick and choose my gigs but if some acts come over I won't be missing them.

I am expecting Brian Wilson to tour, John Fogerty is doing Europe, Toto are promoting a new album and missed the UK last year. 

My big hope is Joe Walsh in the form of Barnstorm, his legendary band from the 1970s.  This, to me, was the ultimate power outfit.

I'm trying to give up arenas because the sound is so shit and the atmosphere worse.  Bristol Colston Hall is a small hall but it's got a brilliant atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.